Run A Q3A server
Server Config Files & more
|Herewith I present the basic info
I have learned from running Q3A servers firsthand and research I did online
to get my servers to run. This is all you need to know to get them up and
running. I don't really talk about listen servers because once you know
how to do all this you won't bother to run one. You can use one of those
autoadmin programs that people have written, however, if something isn't
setup right, if you don't know how to go in there and fix or tweak it,
they won't do you that much good in the long run. I prefer to get my hands
dirty and do everything by hand. If you setup your batch and config files
just right, you won't need autoadmin tools.
Here is what I suggest you do to get started:
1) For more info see the files located
in your C:\Quake3\Extras\Help directory. Especially
2) Read all the console commands so you know which ones you may want to use at some point sooner or later. You can find them here.
3) Planetquake has a good section about running servers and what kind of machine can support how many people and games... Quake3World has a very good server admin forum.
4) Click the links to the left for information about each topic.
- How to run a dedicated server, Pure server definition, using the rcon
[Main] [LinkSys Router] [WeaponMod] [Demos] [Activision] [Q3A for Dummies] [Info/Links]